Author Topic: No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting...  (Read 6039093 times)

Offline Caffeine

• View Profile
On a Wordpress for Joomla installation I'm getting the error:

No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting...

And nothing else. It pops up when I go to the backend and then click on the Wordpress for Joomla component link.  Has anyone else had this before?

Offline Andy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Here are some potential solutions but they may not pertain to you if the rest of Joomla is operating correctly.

If your configuration.php file is not in the root of your Joomla installation, I recommend copying it there.

Kindest regards,
Andy Poorman - Support Manager / Developer
http://www.corephp.com'corePHP' - Accessibility Experts

— Professional Support: Support Tickets

Offline mosabbir

• runing jommla on slax
    • View Profile
    • world wide cultural exchange
i also face the same problem when installing joomla 1.6 in my slax operating system. Please help  :-[

Offline dolpaz

• 'corePHP' - Unlock your Full Potential!
    • View Profile
Good evening Gurus, please i really need your help as soon as possible..i tried installing a fresh copy of joomla for another site, after everything, i got this error message while trying to view my localhost (No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting...)i have searched the nook and cranny of the internet but could not find a response..please i cannot find the default configuration.php file and the ones i could locate was the config files belonging to the website i created before??pls i need urgent response..i use wamp server 2.1, windows 7 and joomla 1.7..i hope you understand what i meant...in short, when u click on the localhost in the wampserver tray, it gives this error No configuration file found and no installation code available. Exiting...) pls help me oooooo... or better still a manual way to create the config.php file

Offline Andy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Joomla by default has a configuration.php file in the root of the installation. If it is not there it is because you or whomever developer your site moved it. You could try searching for it, if all else fails.

In a pinch, you could download a fresh copy of your Joomla version from joomla.org, extract the zip file then modify the configuration.php file and place it where it belongs.

Kindest regards,
Andy Poorman - Support Manager / Developer
http://www.corephp.com'corePHP' - Accessibility Experts

— Professional Support: Support Tickets