Author Topic: CACL and CB - Wayward CACL Registration Plugin  (Read 5712 times)

Offline Ray

• 'corePHP' - Unlock your Full Potential!
    • View Profile
CACL and CB - Wayward CACL Registration Plugin
« on: January 30, 2012, 12:18 AM »
When running CB's "Check CB plugins database" tool on the admin-side, I receive the following issue report:

CB plugin "Community ACL Registration Plugin": Community ACL Registration Plugin has no readable xml file .../public/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cacl_userreg/userreg.xml

A look at the server shows that a "plug_cacl_userreg" directory doesn't even exist at that location.  However, there is a directory called "plug_communityaclregistrationplugin" that appears to contain the file(s) this is seeking (or at least one with the same name).

Following older directions found with a forum search, I manually uploaded the contents of plug_cacl_userreg.zip, re-ran the test and now receive the following:

CB plugin "Community ACL Registration Plugin": no database or no database description.

Another member asked about this message over a year ago http://www.corephp.com/forum/index.php/topic,1988.msg4472.html#msg4472 and still has not received a reply.

Is this an install bug?
How might this be made to work as intended?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 12:34 AM by Ray »

Offline Andy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: CACL and CB - Wayward CACL Registration Plugin
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 08:36 AM »
Which version of Joomla are you using?

Kindest regards,
Andy Poorman - Support Manager / Developer
http://www.corephp.com'corePHP' - Accessibility Experts

— Professional Support: Support Tickets

Offline Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 03:54 PM »
Ah, sorry about that, Andy.

Joomla 1.5.25
CACL 1.3.15
PHP 5.3.8
MySQL 5.0.77
Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)

Offline Andy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 07:50 AM »
Community Builder may have done something with the way that it recognizes plugins. That'd be the first place to begin investigating. If you'd like for us to look into it, we can do so at our hourly rate here.

Kindest regards,

Offline Ray

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 05:49 PM »
Huh?!
You're offering to look into making your ACL extension work with a quite popular community-building extension that it is already advertised by CorePHP as having this integration, but only if I foot the bill?    I would expect that fixing this feature would already be somewhat of a priority for your dev team, considering how the (well integrated) combination of the two extensions would then remain a powerful force likely to bring you more paying members over time as word gets around.

Unfortunately, I'm barely scraping by these days, so I have little choice but to go the other way.  If I learn anything of use to everyone else here, I'll come back and pass it along.  If I can't figure it out, this will have to be uninstalled and I'll have to handle permissions some other way.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 06:30 PM by Ray »

Offline Andy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 05:16 AM »
Ray,

Due to the fact that we've released Community ACL for free (gratis) to the Joomla community, it no longer comes with the support that was associated with the price tag. Community ACL's documentation details most of the common functionality of the component but we cannot provide troubleshooting of the component as charity. Essentially, we decided to halt the development of the component and rather than deleting it, we simply offered it to the Joomla community for free but without the support that came with the subscription fee. We won't troubleshoot it for free because it is no longer a supported or developed product. If someone would like for us to build specific features to suit their needs, we'll accept the project.

CorePHP has several different "hats": Product developer, custom PHP developer, template developer, website designer. As the developer of Community ACL, we have officially stopped actively developing the product. We could look into issues that you're having with our custom development hat if you'd like.

To read more about the state of Community ACL, please follow this link.

If you purchased a license before Community ACL became free, let me know and we can look into it and I apologize for the confusion.

Also, we cannot provide troubleshooting for free in hopes of bring us more paying members. We're likely a much smaller shop than you think. If we provided free troubleshooting of software that was not paid for, we'd likely be doing that all day long and that's not a viable business model. Especially since most issues are configuration problems and solving them wouldn't even help us deliver a better product.

Kindest regards,