With the prevailing uncertainty and ever-increasing competition, it has become inevitable for businesses to generate more leads. Do you know why? This is because lead generation helps in sustaining your business growth, and increasing sales.
But first, let’s understand what do you exactly mean by a lead? A lead is anybody who is interested in your product or service. As a wise marketer, it is your responsibility to nurture that lead, and convert it into a paying customer over time.
However, lead generation isn’t as easy as it sounds. A recent survey revealed that lead generation is a key pain point for 60 percent of marketers. This is because the consumers of today are a lot more informed and demanding.
Wondering how to generate more leads for your business effectively? Don’t worry, we have your back! Here are the 6 best ways to get more leads for your business:
#1 Create and Publish Engaging Blog Posts
We’ve often heard that marketers who blog are more likely to attract a higher number of leads. This is because educating customers through informative content makes them more aware of your product benefits, thus increasing conversions.
According to research conducted by HubSpot, companies that post around 16+ blogs monthly generate 3.5 times more traffic and 4.5 times more leads compared to those that publish about 0-4 blogs only.
Still unsure how to generate leads through blogging? Here are a few tips that can help:
- Conduct in-depth research, and create the content that your audience would want to read.
- It is best to add attention-grabbing call-to-action (CTA) buttons in your blogs.
- Promote your blogs across different marketing mediums, like social media.
#2 Optimize Your Landing Pages for Conversions
It is a known fact that a well-designed landing page converts your website visitors into leads, thereby igniting your conversion rate. Wondering how to optimize your landing pages for skyrocketing conversions? Here’s what you need to know:
- It is best to promote a single offer on a landing page because multiple offers might confuse your audience.
- Ensure simple and straightforward headlines for grabbing the audience’s attention.
- There should be a consistent and clear flow of information for better conversions.
- Use the right set of visuals on your landing page for making your message stand out.
- Don’t forget to add CTA buttons that encourage your visitors to take action.
- It is crucial to remember that experimenting is key, so you should always run A/B tests on your landing pages for figuring out what works for your audience.
#3 Run an Interesting Social Media Contest
One of the most common ways of generating leads is to run an engaging social media contest. Research shows that, on an average, around 34 percent of new customers are acquired through contests. Therefore, if you’re looking to get more leads for your business, you should consider running an exciting social media contest today.
Wondering how to go about it? Here are a few expert tips for your help:
- Start off by setting your contest goals and budget.
- Choose an interesting prize for the winners.
- Set and communicate the designated timeline for your contest.
- Make sure that you clearly communicate the rules of the contest.
- Promote your contest across different mediums.
#4 Leverage Email Marketing
According to a study conducted by Emarsys, 80 percent of business professionals identified that email marketing increases customer retention. Similarly, another research by HubSpot revealed that around 59 percent of consumers said that email marketing influences their buying decisions.
It is no secret that email marketing is a popular and proven technique for lead generation. According to past researches, email marketing delivers a promising return on investment, thus making it a viable marketing technique for reaching out to the target audience.
Is your business struggling due to a falling lead conversion ratio? In that case, you should definitely experiment by running a well-planned email marketing drip campaign. However, it is important to ensure that your emails are personalized according to the audience that you’re catering. Wondering how to run an effective email marketing campaign? Here are some expert email marketing strategies that you should check out.
#5 Unlock the Power of Social Media Marketing
Research conducted by Adobe’s State of Digital Advertising (2018) discovered that 50 percent of Generation Z and 42 percent of Millennials considered social media to be the most relevant ad channel. If you’re an expert marketer, you would know that running social media ads is a compelling way of increasing the lead conversion ratio considerably.
However, many businesses think running social media ads is a challenging task. Are you too wondering how to turn social media ads into goldmines for generating new leads? Here are a few ways that can help run promising social media ads:
- Start off by selecting the right type of social media ads, like photo, video, carousel, etc. For instance, if you think image ads are not enough to make your audience convert, you can try running video ads.
- To make your ads attractive, you should pay extra emphasis on visual elements, such as the CTA, image, etc.
- One of the best practices is to experiment with different targeting options, such as demographic, behavioral, or location-based, depending on your intended audience.
All said and done, due to the dynamic marketing landscape, and changing consumer taste and fashion, many businesses find it difficult to generate a sufficient amount of leads. But, the good news is that you can consider hiring an expert lead generation company that delivers high-quality leads for your business.
#6 Offer Free Product Trials
Many B2B businesses offer product free trials to their potential customers in order to generate leads. This involves offering a free version of your product to the leads that fill out a form. This helps make your audience accustomed with your product. Besides this, it helps them compare your product and its attributes first-hand with the other available options in the market.
The founder and COO at Notejoy, Ada Chen Rekhi, once said that, the free trial conversion rates can range from around 1-10 percent to as high as 40-50 percent. Wondering how to make your free trial marketing tactic work for a skyrocketing lead conversion ratio? Below are a few tips that can help:
- It is best to offer a free trial without asking for credit card information as it helps reduce friction.
- It is best to give constant reminders to the leads when their free trial is expiring so that they can test the product thoroughly.
- You can also offer a discount to leads if they purchase the product before the trial expires for building lasting relationships.
The Bottom Line
In the intensely competitive landscape of today, getting a continual stream of leads is certainly not a piece of cake. Therefore, if you want to boost your lead conversion ratio, the best way out is to experiment, and identify which combination of strategies stated above work for your business and target audience.