You must have heard “SEO Content” quite often in regards to search marketing discussions but what exactly does the phrase refer to? Well, here is a SEO 101 overview highlighting on beginner’s guide on creating SEO contents.
The guide is segregated into-
What does it meant by SEO content?
Different forms of SEO based Content
My potential SEO content tactic or strategy
SEO Content- definition
SEO Content is derived from two terms
- SEO or Search Engine Optimization where a website is optimized to ensure higher ranks in search engines.
- Content refers to information which lives on web world & could be consumed online.
In simple words, SEO Content can be defined as the content drafted with the mission of pulling in search engine/online traffic.
Here are the most crucial aspects that would help to SEO the web contents-
- Keyword research- Keyword research is the primary task before you develop the contents for high traffic generation. The keyword research procedure will help you to find out the keywords most searched by your online audience while looking for your services or products.
- Keyword optimization-You have to know how & where to place the researched-out keywords to ensure optimum searchability for your contents.
- Content Organization- Make sure to follow a logical approach while organizing content for your site. This not only assures great SEO but also helps the visitors in finding other pertinent contents easily.
- Content Promotion-You have to enhance visibility for the new contents through shares on social networking portals & link building (both internally & from the external sites).
Note on intention
If you are solely interested in pulling traffic on search engines, the results might suffer. You should aspire to impress search engines & potential customers as well as return visitors. Thus you have to look beyond “thin” contents which just ranks & get clicks on search engines but do not offer additional value for search-engine user. Your focus would be on developing high value informative contents as low-value posts are penalized by major search engines like Google.
SEO Content- The Types
- Product pages- These form the main essence of any e-commerce portal. A quality product page works as both PPC landing platform and SEO content.
- Blog posts- Blog posts tend to be really engaging & are very likely to pull in links that assures great authority for the website.
- Article- it refers to contents featured on magazine or newspaper styled websites. It could be an interview or some feature piece or news articles.
- Lists-These are articles drafted as lists. For example- “Top 10 fashion tips”. These titles guarantee better click rates.
- Guides- These are prolonged contents serving as “how-to” tips on anything. The guide contents are generally divided into several web pages but the best tip is to get the entire guide on a single page.
- Videos-Videos, especially video tutorial contents act as a great crowd puller for any website.
- Infographics-These serve as a graphical representation of data you want to profess through your website. Infographics are always more entertaining than textual data & could pill in enormous page views & links.
- Slideshow- Slideshow helps to display pertinent images in a series. Pictures are always better expressive than textual contents and hence it’s good to get slideshows for your website. However, as slideshows leave little to read for search engines, you have to be careful about file name of images, titles and captions.
- Glossaries-Glossaries are crucial today as the huge base of contemporary online audience prefer to search Google for any meaning rather than browsing through a dictionary. If you are into some specialized industry, get a well-built glossary to pull in quality search traffic.
- Directories- Directories can be defined as useful taxonomy on links to the resources or sites pertinent to some given topic. A blog on perfumes can structure a directory on places for best perfumes.
Developing potential SEO Content Tactic
If you are producing contents haphazardly, an optimized search engine rank is almost impossible. Thus, you have to be really methodical with the SEO content.
What are your goals?
The primary task is to define your business or website goals. Are you eager to steer sales via your website? Are you planning to monetize your website via ads & hence looking to enhance traffic & return readership? The nature of goals would actually determine the essence of contents.
If you are looking to drive the product sales, the chief focus would be on informative and appealing product pages, optimized for search & conversions. The secondary focus would be on illustrative blog contents, linking to relevant pages. In case your website is operating on advertising model, you should be focused on entertaining and informative contents such as video resources or long-form articles- that can keep the visitor glued to the site. You can hire good online writing services
Consider audience base
You must take market surveys & utilize analytic software to have a good grasp on the online behavior, desires and expectations of your target niche over the web. Your contents must be able to respect the preferences of the audience.
Create Editorial calendar
The editorial calendar can be defined as a schedule which dictates when to publish the new contents & that too what sort of contents. This helps in maintaining a regularity & order – for example if you are running a recipe website, you can dedicate the Monday posts solely for meatless recipes.
Analysis & reassessment
You must regularly analyze the progress of the SEO contents to find out the strengths & pitfalls of the posts. You have to study the links, page views, social shares and blog comments to understand the status of your SEO contents in real time. The analysis approach must have 2 goals-
Study success factors for repeat success- Check out the patterns. Do your visitors prefer videos? Then you should come up with more videos.
Update & improve existing SEO content- let’s say you optimized a post with a certain keyword but over time you find other variations are more pulling. You should make sure to re-optimize the existing content with new variations.