Today, data has become the most important company asset, taking the central stage in every organization. However, clean and up-to-date data is a prerequisite to gaining actionable insights and boosting marketing efforts. This is where data cleansing services help!
As company data comes from various sources in large quantities, cleansing such a large volume of data is not an easy task to execute. If you choose performing data cleansing & scrubbing in-house, there are several challenges that you may encounter, including:
- Identifying errors, inconsistencies, & duplicate entries in data
- Managing a large volume of complex and heterogeneous data
- Allocating dedicated time & resources for data cleansing
- Investing in the required technology and data cleansing tools
- Finding and recruiting skilled data professionals
All these challenges can be best addressed by outsourcing data scrubbing services to a reliable company. Wondering how? Let’s find out.
Several organizations across the globe have adopted the outsourcing model and found it extremely profitable. By outsourcing data cleansing services, you can have a remote team working for you, managing all your data cleansing processes. Furthermore, outsourcing comes with a host of other benefits, including:
- Saves valuable time: A trusted data cleansing company has dedicated teams working on your project, and thus promises to deliver projects in a quick turnaround time. Additionally, data professionals associated with outsourcing firms are highly experienced and skilled which ensures that your work will be done quickly, without compromising data quality.
- Cost-effective solutions: Outsourcing is a proven way to cut down operational costs. You need not buy costly data scrubbing tools and hire expensive resources to carry out your data cleansing process. You can simply leverage services from outsourcing companies at cost-effective prices.
- Better scalability and flexibility: With outsourcing companies, you get access to a vast pool of skilled resources. You can also add or reduce the number of professionals working on your project as per requirements. Thus, you have the freedom to utilize the hired resources cost-effectively.
- Access to advanced tools & technologies: When you outsource data cleansing services, you can be assured to get access to the most advanced tools, technologies, and resources. Furthermore, these firms make use of modern automation tools and combine them with human intervention for accurate results.
- Skilled data cleansing experts: Outsourcing companies have experienced and highly trained data scrubbing professionals who can take up projects of varying data volume and complexity. No matter how specific your requirements are, they can effortlessly handle your needs and provide you with the best quality results.
Now that you know how outsourcing can benefit you, your next objective should be to find and partner with the right data scrubbing services outsourcing partner. So, let’s find out how you can do that.
With so many data outsourcing companies in the market, finding a suitable vendor is a challenge in itself. However, by keeping a few things in mind, you can easily discover the ideal outsourcing company that suits your requirements and reap the maximum benefits.
Experience has no substitute. Therefore, it is essential to check the company’s background and work history to judge its capability. If an outsourcing vendor holds rich experience and has a positive track record, you will have greater peace of mind and will be assured of their work quality. Hence, it is critical to look for a service provider that has worked with several companies in the industry and has worked on projects similar to yours.
Clear communication between the outsourcing partner and the client is the backbone of any project. Before finalizing your outsourcing partner, make sure that the company has a proper strategy for seamless communication and transparent operations. To encourage active communication & feedback, ask the vendor about their preferred modes of connecting. Also, ask whether you can get in touch anytime or have specific hours for connecting.
It is always wise to go with a company that encourages active communication and is open to discussing and addressing your doubts anytime.
Data security has become a growing concern for companies. Since your data cleansing outsourcing partner will have access to all your critical and valuable data, make sure that they have stringent data protection and security policy in place. There are several reliable outsourcing companies that are ISO-certified for information security, best-in-class service delivery, and data security. Partnering with such companies will ensure that your data stays in safe hands and prevent any data infringements or leaks.
What are others saying about your chosen data cleansing company? Well, finding this is not difficult. You can easily check online reviews and testimonials given by other clients on the company’s website or search engine. You can also ask for referrals. This will help you gauge the company’s capabilities and the quality of work delivered. Furthermore, you should also have a look at various case studies to see how data scrubbing services from that vendor have helped its clients.
Every outsourcing company has its own process of onboarding clients. However, many firms offer flexibility in hiring models so that you can add or reduce the number of resources as per your needs. This way you can hire resources on a per-project basis, go with dedicated team engagement, or hire professionals per hour/weekly basis. Depending on your customized requirements and suiting budget, you can choose among the different hiring models for maximum profitability.
A company that offers quality solutions will never be hesitant to provide you with a free trial. Before you decide to hand over your project to the company, you can ask for a small project sample wherein the company will help you clean a small chunk of data. This will help you check the accuracy of the final output delivered and will further strengthen trust in the company’s data cleansing services.
In today’s fast-paced world, you would obviously want to choose services that quickly deliver. So, you must try finding companies that offer quick turnaround time and 24/7 support to ensure timely submission of your data cleaning project. Before starting the project make sure to draw a clear timeline and communicate your deadline in the initial discussion. Also, ensure to get this documented in your project agreement.
Data from each company may differ from one another. In fact, the data type & nature may also be different. For example, somebody might want to clean their database to get accurate contact details of their prospects while another company might want eCommerce product data cleansing services to have clean and up-to-date product data. Thus, depending on your unique requirements, you must gauge the company’s capabilities in terms of providing customization. To do this, you can explore the company’s clientele, check the kind of projects handled in the past, and see the variety of industries that the outsourcing company serves.
Selecting the perfect outsourcing partner that caters to your specific needs and meets your expectations requires a great deal of research. To get the right data cleansing company
by your side, you have to compare different service providers on various parameters and make a well-thought-out decision. The overall process may take time and a little effort, however, the final result will surely pay off.
Use the above-mentioned tips and practices to add significant value to your business and make the most out of your data assets by selecting an appropriate outsourcing vendor wisely.
Rohit Bhateja is the director of the Data and Digital Division at SunTec India, a globally leading data cleansing service provider company. He is a data science enthusiast who loves to explore data trends and transformative solutions. He keeps tabs on the latest big data trends and solutions that are shaping the industry & transforming business. He incorporates his extensive experience & expertise in his writings about data management, analytics, data processing & other data functions to uncover rich insights that can help businesses stay afloat.