You may or may have not heard of Yoast WordPress SEO. If you haven’t, then you are in for a treat. Yoast WordPress SEO is by far the most complete SEO plugin on the market today for WordPress. And the cool part is it is free, powerful and you are able to use it in WordPress for Joomla!. To better our SEO on ‘corePHP’ blog for the ever changing Google, we had to find a solution. We landed on Yoast WordPress SEO plugin after extensive research. We have been using this plugin for months now and the results are fantastic. Before you go crazy downloading the plugin, we highly recommend reading about Yoast WordPress SEO so you get the best results from using the plugin. A great resource we used was OSTraining. They built a very nice tutorial for Yoast WordPress SEO that will get you up and running in no time.
Take a glimpse Yoast WordPress SEO feature list:
- Post titles and meta descriptions
- This is a feature you will use over and over on every post. Here you will be able to optimize your post and output while seeing everything in the snippet preview. Very helpful tool.
- Robots Meta configuration
- The plugin gives you the ability to control your indexing of your post.
- This is huge since Google introduced the canonical link element. This will help enhance and fix what WordPress already has in the core.
- We have not tested this part of the plugin out, but this gives a more granular control over your breadcrumb
- Permalink clean up
- Time to clean house and your permalinks. The plugin will not clean your house per say but will clean up weird permalinks.
- XML Sitemaps
- A very important part for your SEO. This portion of the plugin will create your XML sitemap for submission to Google and other crawlers.
- RSS enhancements
- Edit your robots.txt and .htaccess
- This tool just makes life easier. Sometimes users do not really understand the correct way of writing these docs up. Here is a useful generator for .htaccess
- Clean up the head section
- Just keeping bloat out of your blog is a good thing.
VP of Operations