Like any rational business individual, you are looking to expand your client list. You have heard about how everyone is using social media to help market their product or service but you aren’t sure how to begin the process.
In today’s day and age, anything that you want to sell needs to have a social media presence. People hear your name through a friend, and they will immediately want to look you up on the internet. And even though you may be smart enough to have an online presence already, maybe even a website, it can be tough for them to find you because of so many other options available on the internet. So, the question here is, how do you help your cause?
As a law firm, you might be in a position to harness the power of social media as a marketing tool. This article summarizes some tips that can help you market your law firm effectively and get the business going.
Using SEO – Get Digital and Tech-Savvy
According to Forbes, SEO is the foundation of your business when your business is in it for the profits they can reap benefits from competent and fruitful digital marketing. SEO or search engine optimization is a way to make sure that your website works and optimizes itself so that it gets organic and unpaid traffic. Using SEO can help you rank high in internet searches, and that can aid business. This resource can help you find out how SEO can benefit law firms while marketing their law firm digitally and effectively, at the same time avoiding the high cost of more expensive approaches.
Whenever a person is faced with a legal problem, their first likely response is to immediately search online for the best law firm in town. A well-crafted webpage with all the relevant information and legal advice will get your website ranked high and thus automatically recommend you to the potential client.
How you will do it
Acquaint yourself with SEO, why it’s important, and how it works.
- Look for an agency that introduces you to the world of e-commerce development and automated marketing.
- Change your marketing techniques if you aren’t getting adequate business; do a simple return versus investment analysis.
- Familiarize yourself with the list of technical SEO tools that agencies tend to use and choose the ones that you prefer to make sure that these are not a waste of your time or money. Instead of fixing the exact problem that you are facing, keep questioning the SEO agency, and check in on the problem until it is completely resolved.
Build meaningful relationships with clients
Having studied law and legal theory in law school is always not enough to sustain a law firm. Your marketing cannot be efficient if you are unable to develop meaningful relationships with your existing and potential clients. Your law firm should articulate your objectives to make sure that customer satisfaction is at a maximum. You will have to secure this through all fronts i.e., the digital services that you provide and in house services that you cater to. Getting business and maintaining it is pivotal for any organization, and the same applies to a law firm.
How you will do it
For you to build better relationships with your clients:
- Establish a client base that goes through a process of filtration: Don’t just accept any client that walks in. You need to choose wisely and see if you have the right expertise for the legal problem that your client has. You can’t promise them success if you don’t have the right people hired for the job.
- Prioritize communication: Inadequate knowledge of a client’s expectations in legal situations can be one of the primary reasons why you can lose business. According to a finding by the BTI Consulting group, poor communication can be the reason why at least 87% of your clients would find another law firm.
- Stage your office for success: Legal troubles can be distressing and, in addition to that, working with legal experts to examine the problem at hand can be intimidating. Having an office space and friendly staff to cater to the clients can make people feel comfortable and will increase your retention rates.
Increase the referral rate – Keep them coming back and send more people
To make sure that you are the talk of the town as a well-known law firm, you need to grab every opportunity that you get. You need to rely on word-of-mouth and have people refer you to others as soon as they hear that someone needs legal advice or assistance.
How you will do it
- Make sure your website is clean and easy to use, usable on either desktop or mobile so that in case of a referral, clients can reach out to you immediately.
- Try and identify the best groups your referrals are coming in from and make sure you show your gratitude to them and recognize their effort and help. It will further improve your reputation in the legal fraternity.
Rely on Reviews – Listen and revise
It is essential that you use the reviews that you are getting online and in-person from all your clients. Clients feel valuable when their advice is considered, and this makes them keep you in their good books, increasing the chances of your referrals.
How you will do it
As part of your daily business routine, prioritize a survey of your online reviews. In every instance, make sure that you reach out with a reply. Nothing can make a client badmouth you like when they don’t get an immediate and useful response.
Lawyer up and shine
Marketing for a law firm is always directed towards bringing in the right clients, the ones that bring in large and frequent business. Making sure that you have a presence in the community and a robust digital footprint. With the help of SEO, you can make a mark for yourself. So get suited, lawyer up, and shine by using all the tips suggested in this article.
Oscar Caldwell is an SEO specialist who works for small and medium-sized law firms. Oscar is responsible for researching and implementing SEO strategies for his clients and identifying if such strategies provide the desired results. Oscar also loves to write articles about SEO to share his expertise with the general public.