In today’s world of marketing, going digital is regarded as the most effective and actually most cost-efficient strategy as most consumers use computers, smartphones, and other gadgets. They are immersed in the digital world. If you want to reach your target market, chances are high you can do so via digital means.
Launching a digital marketing campaign is one thing. Making sure it works and gets you the results you want for your company is an entirely different matter. Here are some essential factors you need to keep in mind if you want to achieve a successful digital marketing campaign.
Setting Concrete Goals and Objectives
- Before you design and roll out your digital campaign, you have to identify the goals you want to achieve from your marketing campaign. Doing so will give direction to all your efforts. Without goal setting, you could be proceeding blindly and wasting precious financial resources. It will pay off, in the long run, to sit down with your team now and ask yourselves what you really want to see as results. Here are some questions you can go through together with your marketing team:
- What is the objective of our company? What is our mission?
- What is the mission of our digital marketing campaign?
Your marketing strategies are an integral part of your brand. Make sure that it is consistent with your company’s overall mission and image.
- Determine clear key performance indicators (KPI). KPIs are concrete and measurable figures or values that show how well a business is fulfilling key company objectives. Identifying clear indicators will guide your marketing efforts. You can use these indicators to check periodically if your marketing campaigns are indeed effective. Here are guide questions you can refer to when you’re crafting your KPIs for your digital marketing plan:
- What are the specific results we want to see from our marketing campaign?
- Why do these specified results matter? Why are these important to our brand?
- How are we going to measure or assess our progress?
- How can we affect the results? What concrete things can we do?
- Who will be accountable for the monitoring and achievement of results?
- How will we concretely know that we’ve already attained the specific results we want?
- How frequently will our team meet to check on our progress towards getting the results we want?
Collecting and Maximizing Consumer Data
The advantage of launching a digital marketing campaign is that you can actually collect data about your clients and analyze these to adjust your marketing strategies. As examples, Google Analytics and Facebook Audiences can help you gather information on your target market. You can likewise collect data on brand awareness measurements and your website’s performance. The precious data will be meaningless, however, if you don’t know how to analyze them.
Here are some things you can do with your consumer data:
- Get your in-house statistics team to analyze the data and give you more information about who exactly is your target market and who are responding to your marketing campaigns online. Once you have this information, you can review if your marketing strategies are still up-to-date and effective. Otherwise, how should you revise or adjust your digital marketing plans?
If your company doesn’t have your own statistics team, hire an expert for SEO marketing services that can guide your business in making your digital marketing campaigns more effective.
- Use your consumer data to the fullest by personalizing your marketing approaches. One way of doing so is learning how data onboarding helps you personalize your marketing. Data onboarding is the process of using customer information online to complement digital identifiers. It enables you to tailor your advertising strategies to the identities of your consumers. You can give them the information and videos they want to read about and watch, and not bother them with meaningless content. You can click here to read more about data onboarding 101.
- You can study the campaigns of your competition. In Google Analytics, you can click on the option for Google’s Benchmarking Reports, which will enable you to analyze and compare your progress with other competitor brands.
Identifying Your Resources and Keeping Within Budget
Achieve your desired results with the means that you have at your disposal. Here are the important things you need to take into consideration:
- Determine your budget.
- How much are you willing to set aside for your overall digital marketing plans?
- Based on data on what has proven effective for you in the past year or two, which particular channels have given you effective leads at affordable costs?
- Are you willing to make use of paid promotions? How much are you willing to spend on these, if ever?
- Based on your Analytics, what are the most cost-effective digital channels for your brand? What are the specific channels that give you the most extensive reach and conversions at the best rates?
- What channels or paid promotion strategies are not working for you? Where can you reallocate your budget for these?
- Take stock of your human resources.
- Who are part of your current marketing team? What can each team member do specifically? Is anyone overworked?
- Do you need to hire more employees for your marketing? If so, do you have the budget for doing so?
- Do you need to outsource some of your digital marketing plans? How much will you be allocating for outsourcing?
- Study your digital channels.
- What are your particular channels?
- Which channels are effective and worth keeping?
- Do you want to explore new ones? Do you have the time to work on these new channels?
- What, specifically, is each digital channel doing for you? How is each channel meeting your KPIs?
If you want your digital marketing campaign to succeed, you need to have specific and measurable goals from the very start. You likewise need to capitalize on the data you’re able to gather about your consumers and the markets you want to reach. Additionally, you have to be able to roll out your strategies without overspending. If you know where your marketing strategies are headed towards, if you have the adequate resources, and if you’re spending prudently, winning in the digital world is possible for your business!