Shopify is a popular eCommerce platform that has established itself as a gold standard for building an online shop. Another interesting aspect of Shopify is that search engine optimization or SEO is built around it. All the features are available for your online store to perform well in search engines. But are Shopify SEO services worth it, or is this just another trending niche of digital marketing?
In this post, you’ll learn the SEO functionality of Shopify and how it can help you boost your search ranking and sales.
How SEO Friendly Is Shopify?
Many eCommerce entrepreneurs usually wonder how to rank in search engines with the products or catalogs available, not focusing on content. While content-focused websites rely on Weebly, Squarespace, or Wix, eCommerce websites need Shopify. It is because Shopify is focused on eCommerce websites in terms of search results and digital marketing. That’s why Shopify SEO services are vital that you shouldn’t miss using this if you have an online store.
Here are the advantages of using Shopify for your online store’s SEO:
- The SEO of Shopify is built around eCommerce because the bread and butter of the platform is the quality and quantity of its online stores.
- The interface of Shopify is clear and user-friendly. It has all the tools an online shop owner needs to rank highly in an image, shopping-specific, and regular searches.
- Shopify has a great site structure, arranging sites in categories. Online users and search engines, like Google, love it.
- It’s an excellent value for money because of user experience and search results. Shopify is a great eCommerce builder that also covers SEO very well.
Benefits of Shopify SEO Services
1. Increase Your Search Engine Ranking
Shopify is not just an eCommerce site builder. It’s also a great SEO platform with all the features you need to land the top of search results pages. It is an SEO-friendly eCommerce platform for all business owners who have online stores.
Here are the SEO features and benefits included in Shopify SEO:
- Meta Title:It tells search engines, like Google, and online users what your page is all about. Shopify allows editing of the title tag for products, pages, and collections.
- Meta Description:This part is where you can expand the title in a content or a summary of what users can expect when clicking your page. You can change meta descriptions through the Shopify admin.
- Headings:Using headings and subheadings (H1, H2, H3, and so on) makes your page more structured, which is essential in white label SEO for content-focused sites, as well as eCommerce sites.
- Image Alt Text:This aspect is relevant to make sure that Google would know that the content is an image. Through Alt text, you can manually describe each image available on your website.
- Custom URLs:Through Shopify, you can also make URLs reflecting your content, instead of randomly jumbling letters and numbers.
- Fast Speed and Uptime:Shopify is an extremely reliable service with a status page to track your performance.
2. Shopify SEO Services Can Help Make Your Site SEO Mobile-Friendly
It is a plus factor if you have an online shop that is easy to view and use on a mobile screen and via mobile apps. Also, search engines should easily crawl into your mobile site version to rank. Every theme of Shopify is specifically designed to work on mobile, from seamless product browsing to the checkout page. With the help of Shopify SEO services, search engines can detect your mobile site and perform proper indexing for an extra boost on your site ranking.
Here are the benefits of higher ranking on search engines:
- You’ll gain more visitors to your online store.
- There are more opportunities for you to sell to potential leads.
- You’ll have increased conversion rates.
- Your sales also increase.
3. Shopify SEO Services Promotes Website Security
Google and other search engines are very strict with website security, punishing sites without SSL. Secure Sockets Layer or SSL establishes a secure and encrypted link between a browser and a web server. It’s a good thing that all Shopify stores are using SSL encryption, and a Shopify SEO specialist can help you add greater security to your site by checking vulnerabilities for prompt monitoring and reporting.
4. Shopify Provides a Structured Online Store
Aside from using headings and subheadings, it’s important to have a sitemap or a complete list of all pages included on your website. Shopify is smart enough to generate a sitemap for all its online stores automatically.
5. Shopify SEO Specialists Can Help You Track Your Performance
Shopify makes use of Google Analytics, which is a free Google tool to view your data or metrics from user demographics to page-specific traffic. Also, you can use Google Search Console to see the performance of your website in search results. If you don’t have the time or the technical know-how, a Shopify SEO specialist can help you.
Here are the advantages of hiring a Shopify SEO specialist to track your site performance:
- It provides a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the data provided by Google Analytics.
- It gives you a detailed explanation of the results.
- Enables you to make smart business decisions based on the results.
6. Shopify SEO Services for Social Media Integration
You can share your web content to your loyal customers and potential customers through social media. You’ll find Shopify themes with built-in social media buttons to download an app. Social media platforms, like Facebook, are also a type of search engine, so you need Shopify SEO Services for proper social media integration. By doing so, you’ll gain the benefits of both social media marketing and SEO for a successful eCommerce business.
Shopify SEO services are essential to build and operate an eCommerce business or online store. If you want a more secure site with the benefits of increased search engine ranking, web traffic, leads, and sales, consider availing the expertise of a Shopify SEO specialist. Achieve your short-term and long-term business goals for your eCommerce business through Shopify SEO services.