Tag Archives: ie6

Our new plugin makes CSS3 in IE (and any other browser) easy!

What is this?

Anyone who has tried to add CSS3 to their site knows how difficult and time consuming it is to figure out the correct code for the correct browsers. Also, how do I make it work with IE? Wonder no more! With the Automated CSS3 Generator Plugin all you need to do is enter the values for the CSS3 you need and it does the rest. It also only outputs the CSS for the browser you are using so you won’t need 4 lines of CSS to do a simple rounded corner anymore. Continue reading

How to work with IE9

By now, I’m sure everyone has choked back a tear or two at the final release of Internet Explorer 9. We immediately started getting support requests asking why their websites look broken in this new ‘revolutionary’ browser (hard to say that with a straight face.) Yes, we are again submerged into Microsoft hell, needing to find fixes for yet another browser. We have done a lot of legwork figuring out the best way to handle supporting this IE9 so we wanted to share the information we have learned to make developing (a little) easier.

Continue reading

Easy IE Conditional CSS with No Hacks!

Any serious CSS person has hacked their way through more ‘Internet Exploder’ issues than they care to talk about. Even if there are only a few small issues to fix in an area, it can be difficult to track them through multiple style sheets (ie. conditional sheet for IE6 & 7). Hacks are just bad practice, so what can you do? There is a better way! I came up with a neat little piece of code that has greatly simplified my life when dealing with cross-browser compatibility.

Continue reading

The day IE6 finally made me crack!

I lost it. It was bound to happen. The last project I worked on finally took me over the edge. I took it pretty well when everything scrolled on the page except the title. I kept my head when I was trying to fix the custom H3 tagged headers in my modules when they got cut off, widened the column and broke the layout, I even kept my sanity as I re-sized every %$(#ing box to match the pixel-perfect design the client needed that was displaying differently on IE6 than on every other browser available on Earth…

but this… this was the code that broke the programmer’s brain.

Continue reading