[UPDATE]: Also read this post.
Since WordPress 3.0 was released to the public, we have been bombarded with questions about when our release will be updated. In time, my friends! A lot has changed in the code base and we are working hard at getting our update ready. Normally it takes approx 1-2 months to prepare a release.
I am writing this post to answer many of the questions that we have been getting about WordPress 3.0 for Joomla! from both users and prospective users.
- You will be able to migrate from a standalone WordPress 3.0 to our WordPress 3.0 for Joomla! solution. The users in WordPress more than likely won’t be able to be migrated. Same goes for the standalone version of WordPress 2.x to WordPress 3.0 for Joomla!
- You will be able to migrate from WordPress 2.x for Joomla! (any version) to WordPress 3.0 for Joomla!, while keeping all of your data.
- WordPress 3.0 for Joomla! will be sold as a brand new yearly subscription.
- Current WordPress for Joomla! users with an active subscription will be able to upgrade to this new subscription for an upgrade fee. We have not polished all of the details yet, so details will be released a few days prior to our release of WordPress 3.0 for Joomla!
- Can I upgrade to WordPress 3.0 standalone and make it work with the current package instead of waiting for you guys? The answer is no – this is because we have heavily modified the WordPress core to make it work within the Joomla! environment, allowing you the seamless integration that is provided with the product. Please be patient!
I hope this answers the questions that many of our users have. If any others come up, I will keep this post updated.
Thanks for your interest!
-The ‘corePHP’ Team