Today’s e-commerce technologies have now evolved to such a level where enterprises barely require building their e-commerce websites or applications from scratch. They are readymade ecommerce web software development technologies and, developers rely on them to make their work ultra-convenient and implement a project in minimum turnaround time.
Also, apart from fully supporting the web, these modern technologies are fully mobile optimized. It means that they are ready for mobile platforms too.
This post introduces the three most popular web software development technologies for e-commerce platforms. Let us learn about them and also go through their advantages.
With presently running in 3317200 websites, making it a holder of 28% of the total market share, the WooCommerce plug-in for WordPress is the top e-commerce technology available in the market. WooCommerce is liked because of its simple installation, customization, and free product.
Since it was first launched in 2006, the plug-in has been a useful e-commerce technology for businesses looking for a user-friendly yet advanced software development technology for their ecommerce requirements. Many businesses have migrated to WooCommerce without any sort for compromise in terms of features or functionalities. It provides an extensive range of features and functionalities at almost no cost. It runs in WordPress, which itself is a completely free CMS system.
With a WooCommerce-supported, WordPress-powered ecommerce website, businesses have the easiest way to launch their stores online. WooCommerce has emerged as one of the most suitable technologies for businesses already using WordPress websites.
Here are the top advantages of WooCommerce – the free e-commerce plug-in for small online retail businesses:
- Available freely right out of the box and with an extensive range of extensions and features
- A flexible platform capable of selling physical, virtual, downloadable, and even affiliate/ external products.
- A plug-in that runs in WordPress. Web owners with WordPress website will not take enough time to learn everything about WooCommerce.
- It comes with the support of a variety of themes that can be customized to meet the specific business needs.
- The WordPress-supported plug-in is as simple as WordPress itself.
- It can be scaled up as per the needs. It completely supports the enhancement and growths every company aiming to achieve.
- It supports a number of payments-gateways, payment-modes, and currencies.
The second most widely popular software development technology used for e-commerce is Magento. It’s a standalone CMS purposely designed for ecommerce websites and web applications. As of now, this CMS system is running in more than one-fourth of the total number of e-commerce stores operated around the world. Magento is a fully reliable and scalable e-commerce technology available in the market. Some big and well-established brands like Burger King, Huawei, Pepe Jeans, and Liverpool F.C. are already operating with Magento-based online stores. As of findings of Datanyze.com, there are 166,000 Magento powered ecommerce stores operating online. And the number keeps on increasing with every passing year.
Today’s Magento CMS is a fully matured e-commerce technology. Many stores, which were previously using osCommerce, OpenCart, VirtualMart, PrestaShop, ZenCart, UberCart, have now also migrated to Magento.
Released in 2015, Magento 2 offers more advanced features, which turn it into a most preferred platform. It offers a simple checkout process, speedy page loading, and a pleasant shopping experience. Also, it provides productivity, improved control panel, desired scalability, performance, worry-free maintenance, and upgrades.
Here are the top advantages of using Magento
- The basic Magento CMS is absolutely free and capable of serving almost all requirements of small-medium retailers.
- There are three sorts of Magento available: The community edition, enterprise edition, and Magento enterprise edition.
- It comes with prebuilt SEO support. It generates SEO-friendly URLS and meets the search engine requirements too.
- The sites based on Magento are fully mobile responsive.
- It’s also a developer-friendly CMS. The customization is also easy.
- It allows you to manage multiple online stores from a single dashboard.
- It comes with the best of the marketing tools.
- Magento is based on PHP, which means new features can be added to it without any hurdle.
- Magento is securer in comparison of other CMS systems.
The third-largest e-commerce platform, Shopify holds a market share of 11.70%. It’s a cloud-hosted solution, which is now widely adopted by many businesses for their ecommerce web software development requirements. According to the data provided by datanyze.com, there are more than 232, 481 websites using the Shopify e-commerce platform.
Setting up an ecommerce website by using the Shopify is easier than other technologies mentioned above. A handy dashboard allows administrators to quickly add products to their websites and customize their look & feel.
Also, it allows for easier imports of all your products from your previous websites. The technology behind Shopify is continuously evolving to meet the growing needs of e-commerce stores.
The set up of Shopify is easy with a cleaner and intuitive admin interface.
There is almost no technical support required to set up a basic level store.
It’s a cloud hosted solution. Its security part is take care by the Shopify providers.
Customers care is available 24/7
It’s fully mobile supported. No additional efforts required to make a Shopify based website mobile-supported.
It supports customization. Themes can be customized.
It has an app store to provide a wide range of functionalities to add to your website.
It comes with powerful search engine optimization features, helping a website get higher ranking in search engine results.
Author Bio : – Sofia Coppol is a digital marketing expert in Rapidsoft Technologies. It is an IT consulting company providing full range it services including, IoT application development, ERP software development, Ai App Development, and big data app development solutions. Sharing is caring!