This release was a long time in development, but well worth the wait! This release includes new plugins and multiple bug fixes. A large part of the code has been updated to improve performance. To upgrade the component, simply uninstall the component and install the new version. Be sure to read the ‘Before you upgrade” section below to ensure the process goes as smoothly as possible.
Here is the release information from WordPress.org.
- Now you can redirect back to your post page if the required comment information is not filled out correctly.
- New plugin: WPTouch
- The WordPress latest module has been updated
- The WordPress Sidebar1 Module has been updated
- Fixed Akismet, when saving API key
- Fixed multiple links – now they take you to the correct URLs.
- Added check for WP-Touch template plugin
- Authors can now add HTML tags to posts
- Sidebars are now xhtml validated
- Fixes for logging in through XMLRPC
- The themes button on the dashboard now works
- A Preview URL is now generated correctly when using sh404SEF
- Fixed the bug where RSS links where SEFed twice
- Fixed encoding with special characters in the URL
- Multiple fixes for the author template URL
- Added a preventative measure in case user adds extra slashes to URL structure
- Added text directional – global for RTL
- Fixed the special characters on the blog name for the page title
BEFORE YOU UPGRADE: Please follow the steps below to make sure the upgrading process goes as smoothly as possible.
- Back up your database tables. This release includes a database upgrade for those of you that are on 2.8.6 or earlier.
- Take note of the configuration of your modules if you are upgrading these.
- If you have made changes to your template, make sure you do a backup of those files too. These are normally located under /images/wordpress/themes/default/
- If you haven’t made any changes to your template files, simply delete this folder: /images/wordpress/themes/ … Once the reinstall goes through it will add those new files to the right location as long as it is writable.
That will do it. Happy blogging!