By releasing RC1, we hope to avoid a follow up release (22.214.171.124). All code from WordPress 2.8.5 has been migrated to our codebase. We feel that this release is ready and complete. Help us out – Download it and test it.
Features to test –
- Joomla! content plugins can now be used on WordPress posts, this is a setting you have to enable
- For pinging update services such as Technorati, setting up a cron job on your server to make this work
- WP-Cron, WordPress cron job: Set up your server to use the cron job
- Google Gears
- XML-RPC: If you have an iPhone, set it up with your blog
- Links to posts and other front-end links when using the WP Admin component in the front-end
- If a front-end URL has no Itemid and there is a menu item for the blog, it should redirect.(Find this setting under General Settings.)
- Most of the template strings are now on a Joomla! language file for easier translation
- Custom header on blog now works
- Since the template is now translated, we also have new versions of the modules that include the template translations automatically
I have created a new “Release Candidates” under the WordPress download folder, here you will find all of the new files.
Please help us make the final release the best it can be.