It’s almost ready for the public! WordPress MU is a popular muti-user blogging framework, which allows every user in one site to “own” their own blog. We at ‘corePHP’ have developed this framework to work within Joomla!. This allows you to host unlimited blogs in your Joomla! site! You will now have a content management system alongside of the most power blogging system.
We have been developing WordPress MU for Joomla! for the past month, and we finally feel that its 99.5% bug free. This is a highly anticipated product, and I am extremely excited to tell you that the final release should be ready in just about a week! Try it, use it, test it, break it! We want to make this release as bug free as possible to avoid some of the problems that we first ran into during the first few weeks after WordPress for Joomla! was released.
Now to the features:
- All blogs display within Joomla!, meaning loads of content building on your site. Google will love this.
- We provide 4 sidebar modules. Each blog administrator can pick which widgets to show in each sidebar (depending on how many you have installed).
- My favorite: Every blog can have its own Permalink structure!
Blog 1 can have urls like this:
Blog 3 can have urls like this:
Blog 4 can have urls like this:
- An administrator can administer every blog individually.
- There are 3 templates available for the main blog (blogid 1) –
- Display latest posts site-wide. It’s great for a general overview of all the posts on the site.
- Display latest news (latest posts from blogs), and a list of the latest updated blogs.
- Display latest posts (The default template used for all blogs).
This is as awesome tool to have for your site. We’ve already had a few success stories from people who have boosted their Google ranking since they started using WordPress for Joomla!.
Currently we have a demo site in which anyone can register and create their own blog:
For those who want to go out on their own and use all of the administrator functionality, there is a download available in our download section (for registered users). Read the README file inside the zip file.
Contact us with your thoughts, suggestions, ideas, and bug finds.