Change the way you blog in Joomla! forever!
Wordpress is the most popular blog system in the world. With Wordpress for Joomla you have all the power of Wordpress inside your Joomla website - making blogging with Joomla fun!
It’s quick to install, easy to use, and you don’t have to buy an additional commenting extension - it’s all built in. Even your favorite Wordpress plugin will work right out of the box.
Wordpress for Joomla inherits the styles from your Joomla template. This means your blog will always match the theme of your website. Learn more under each tab below.View Demo Buy Now Docs
NOTE: SEF URLs and mod_rewrite must be turned on in Joomla! in order to use the Search Friendly URLs and MultiSite features.
Wordpress 3.8 in Joomla - making blogging fun and easy!
Wordpress is the most powerful blogging framework, and Joomla is the most powerful content management system. We've integrated Wordpress into Joomla to give you the best of both worlds.
With Wordpress for Joomla you have a fully featured version of Wordpress working inside Joomla. You can for example:
- style and customize any Wordpress template
- take advantage of the new menu system
- customize your header image as much as you want
- install any plugin available in the Wordpress directory
- take advantage of the modified TwentyTen theme (that inherits styles from your Joomla template)
There are many other features you'll love, such as Wordpress MultiSite, JomSocial support, and you can even use Joomla content plugins in your Wordpress posts. Watch the video to see how it all works!
Wordpress in Joomla - making blogging fun and easy!
This blog extension blends in smoothly with Joomla! You can show your Wordpress blog content in Joomla modules anywhere on your website, and you can also use Joomla! content plugins in your WordPress blog posts.
Show your blog content via Wordpress Joomla modules
- WordPress Categories - Show a list of categories for the current blog
- WordPress Latest - Show a list of the latest posts for the current blog
- WordPress Recent Comments - Show a list of recent comments for the current blog
- WordPress Search - Display a search box that will only search the current blog
- WordPress Sidebar 1 - The 'WordPress sidebar1' position in a module
- WordPress Sidebar 2 - The 'WordPress sidebar2' position in a module
- WordPress Blog List - Display a list of blogs on a site (Multisite only)
- WordPress Latest Blogs - Show a list of the latest blog posts site-wide (Multisite only)
Migrate from another Joomla blog extension
Do you already have a blog created with another Joomla blog extension? No problem! You can import MyBlog posts into WordPress for Joomla, so switching is easy.
Wordpress for Joomla is more than a blog
You can easily create and manage blogs for multiple websites with one single installation. Wordpress MU (multi-user) used to be a completely separate version of Wordpress, but this is now merged - and available in WordPress for Joomla.
If you think you're just getting a blog, think again. With WordPress for Joomla! you can also create static content pages. Use this feature to add an "About Us" or "Contact Us" page, or other pages related to your blog.
Wordpress has thousands of amazing plugins for improving your blog. Almost all Wordpress plugins now works with WordPress for Joomla!. You can install a whole range of plugins on your own, and it will work out of the box. If you find one that requires a little extra work, contact our professional service department for a quote.
Blog post publishing options
Don't have time to blog at the computer? WordPress for Joomla! supports both Android devices and the iPhone app for WordPress, so you can create, publish, draft, and password protect your posts through your mobile device.
Publish your blog posts, or add links to your blogroll, while you're on the go! You can share pages or links by selecting the Bookmarklets link. When the panel pops up, add any additional information you'd like your readers to see, assign a category, and press save. Your post will be immediately added to your blog. It's as simple as that!
This feature allows you to assign passwords to individual posts. You can hide posts from the public, or create private posts that are only viewable by their author or give the password to a handful of bloggers, allowing them to communicate through password-protected posts. Use this feature any way you like. Just don't lock yourself out!
Features for your Wordpress blog authors
You can choose to write your blog posts via the visual editor or the HTML view, and switch between them with just a click. When you use the visual editor, WordPress for Joomla! intelligently transforms ASCII into XHTML. This means that all your characters will automatically be correctly coded - including: quotes, apostrophes, ellipses, em and en dashes, multiplication symbols, ampersands
Thanks to the built-in XML-RPC feature you can write and publish your blog post via email or your favorite desktop publishing program. WordPress for Joomla! supports an extended version of the Blogger API, MetaWeblog API, and the MovableType API - just like Wordpress. You can even use blog clients designed for other platforms like Zempt.
Should all users be able to write, edit or publish articles on your blog? If not, the Wordpress WorkFlow feature lets you decide who can. Make users into:
You decide who can publish a blog post, and who can just post drafts for later review and publication by someone with the right permission.
Thanks to the Multiple Authors feature, you can create up to 10 user roles of your own. Choose who can do what: administrating, publishing, editing, altering options, or contributing to your blog. You define your own levels and configure the privileges for each level.
Blog post comments
With WordPress for Joomla you have a built-in comments system - no need for an extra extension. Not only can your visitors comment on individual posts, they can also connect your blog to their own site using trackbacks and pingbacks. Comments can be enabled or disabled on a per-post basis.
WordPress for Joomla eliminates comment spam on your blog thanks to the integrated blacklist and open proxy checker. For additional protection we recommend you to use Akismet.
Installing and updating WordPress For Joomla! is as easy as installing and updating WordPress. Every time a new update comes out, just go into your Joomla administrator panel and install the new version of the component over the old version. Your database, media, plug-ins and themes will be exactly the way you left them.
- PHP version 5.2.4 or greater
- MySQL version 5.0.15 or greater
- SEF URLs and mod_rewrite must be turned on in Joomla! in order to use the Search Friendly URLs and Multisite features
Do you want help with installation or upgrade?
Prior to requesting an installation or upgrade for Wordpress for Joomla!, please make sure that you have made a backup of any files and database tables that you wish to be backed up. 'corePHP' will not be held responsible or liable for any data that has been lost or modified. In addition, please notify 'corePHP' of any custom modifications that have been made to the previous installation.
During an upgrade, 'corePHP' will transfer currently installed plugins and themes to the new version. Modification, installation, configuration and any troubleshooting to get the plugins to work is not included in the upgrade process.
In a new Wordpress for Joomla! installation, plugins and themes will not be installed, configured, modified or guaranteed to work.
'corePHP' will require information to access the Joomla installation for which Wordpress for Joomla! is to be installed. This will include Joomla! administrator and FTP credentials and may require access to the Joomla! database tables preferably via a tool such as phpMyAdmin.
The upgrade from Wordpress MU for Joomla! to Wordpress for Joomla! 3.0 Multisite will always require database access.
WordPress for Joomla Considerations
- Using Permalinks: If you want to use permalinks in WordPress for Joomla! single blog, you must have SEF URLs turned on in Joomla! with mod_rewrite turned on.
- Using Multisite: If you want to use Multisite, you must have SEF URLs turned on in Joomla! with mod_rewrite turned on. Wordpress for Joomla may not be the default menu link (that is, the blog component cannot be on the homepage) when multisite is enabled.
- Migrating from WordPress MU: Multisite is possible in Joomla! because we put the entire WordPress folder into a subdirectory from the root of Joomla!. It works by calling WordPress, which then calls in Joomla!. Therefore, if you are migrating from a WordPress MU for Joomla! version, all of the URLs to your blogs will change to a new subdirectory of your choice. This will affect you if you had links to different blogs from the Joomla! menu system. It is recommended that you create 301 redirects. Another consideration with migrating. The home template that was provided before is no longer provided only an updated version of the everyhome template. These updated template have new widget position names, therefore, the previous positions will disappear and you will have to add all of the widgets you had before to the new widget positions.
- Linking to different blogs: If you want to link to different blogs from your Joomla! menu, you will have to do it through external menu link types. This also means that you cannot have different modules or Joomla templates depending on the blog. You can use the WordPress sidebar modules and configure different widgets on each blog.
- URL routing through Joomla - Because Wordpress is operating as a Joomla component, Wordpress URL's must be routed through a Joomla menu item. This will result in URL's that look similar to this (where "blog" is the Joomla menu item alias and everything after it is a Wordpress permalink): http://www.example.com/blog/01/2011/name-of-post This also will prevent using a subdomain for blogs out-of-the-box. Since Wordpress is being routed explicitly through one Joomla menu item, this will also prevent Joomla modules from appearing on some Wordpress pages and not others; if a module appears on one page, it must appear on all others.
Add and remove the sidebar
You can add or remove the sidebar at any time. If you remove the sidebar, the blog content area will become a one column layout.
Thanks to the smooth integration between Joomla and Wordpress for Joomla, you can set up a sidebar anywhere on your website and choose to display your Wordpress widgets inside a Joomla! module.
Add and remove the blog title
Are the blog titles ruining your dream layout? With Wordpress for Joomla you can add or remove the blog title at any time.
Create and customize your menus
You can combine your Wordpress posts, pages, categories, tags, and links into themed menus or widgets.
Choose your header image
Via the Wordpress for Joomla backend, you can easily customize your own image header.
Change your background
Developers can now take advantage of the new background API, which is a core feature of Wordpress.
Install themes directly from WordPress itself
Installing a new theme is easy - you can do it directly from your admin panel! WordPress for Joomla comes with a full theme system, so designing everything from the simplest blog to the most complicated webzine is a piece of cake.
You can even have multiple themes with totally different looks, and you can switch them with a single click.
"Twenty Ten" Default Theme"
The default Wordpress theme "Twenty Ten" lets you take full advantage of the current features of WordPress, and it's included in Wordpress for Joomla.
If you're looking for something a bit different, you can choose a Joomla! template made by any of the popular Joomla! template companies (including Joomla!Shack templates, Shape5 templates, RocketTheme templates and many others). The default TwentyTen theme for Wordpress for Joomla will inherit most styles from these templates out of the box!